Avaya G650 Media Gateway™
Designed as the complementary gateway for S8500/S8700/10/20-based media server solutions, the G650 offer the features, scalability, and system uptime that enterprises require for mission-critical telephony applications..
The G650 Media Gateway features an 8U high, 14-slot chassis that can be installed in industry standard EIA-310 19", 24", or 600 mm ETSI open or closed racks. The G650 can accommodate a range of analog, digital, ISDN, and IP (over the LAN) phone station configurations, with voice transport options over IP, analog, TDM, or ATM. Available dual redundant, load-sharing power supplies with AC/DC inputs provide enhanced system reliability. For scalability, up to five G650 Media Gateways can be stacked together using a TDM/LAN cable and a built-in connector in the back of the chassis to form a high-capacity port network.
For call control, the G650 Media Gateway connects to an external S8500
or S8700 Media Server over an IP link using the TN2312BP IP Server Interface (IPSI). For mission-critical applications, G650 port networks can be configured for IPSI duplication, which provides fault-tolerant duplicated control paths to the media server. This feature introduces a high-availability option for enterprises with existing mission-critical voice systems that want to migrate to an IP transport solution without compromising system reliability and availability.
- Supports multi-protocol environments where enterprises have a requirement for concurrent support of TDM and IP-based telephony.
- Provides an evolutionary approach to mixed TDM/IP or IP telephony for enterprises with traditional TDM-based infrastructures to provide greater ROI by leveraging their existing investments.
- Provides a standard migration and expansion platform for all existing Avaya TN-style Media Gateways that enables the easy integration of voice and data infrastructure over a standard 19-inch data rack.
- Supports a variety of connectivity and availability options, allowing for easy integration into existing voice networks.
- Support for T.38 Fax and Modem over IP so that non-IP communications can travel over IP telephony links.