Avaya Communication Manager™
Communication Manager software is the open, highly-reliable and extensible IP Telephony foundation on which Avaya delivers Intelligent Communications to enterprises large and small.
Communication Manager effectively scales from less than 100 users to as many as 36,000 users on a single system and to more than one million users on a single network.
Avaya is continuing to enhance Communication Manager, its flagship IP Telephony software platform. In particular, Avaya is leveraging the SIP protocol to improve the connectivity and openness of Communication Manager, which translates into reduced costs for trunking and connecting systems, faster deployment of new capabilities and increased options for linking communications and business systems to increase competitive advantage.
With the introduction of Communication Manager 5.0 and SIP Enablement Services 5.0, Avaya offers the following:
- A SIP-based IP Telephony platform for the small to mid-market
- Expanded SIP trunking options to support new, low cost carrier servers, reduce hardware requirements and enrich applications for Contact Center environments
- Improved support of SIP-based telephones to include enhanced mobility features and additional phones
- Foundational support for an increased suite of communications applications to enhance workforce productivity and customer service
Coinciding with the introduction of Communication Manager 5.0 the following are several enhancements to the Media Gateway and Server product lines:
- A new Media Gateway to serve mid to large branch offices and small to mid campuses deploying Communication Manager.
- An integrated routing, security and IP telephony platform for small branch offices
- A new high-capacity, highly-redundant server platform for Communication Manager
Finally, with Communication Manager 5.0, customers have the opportunity to take advantage of Software Support Plus Upgrades (SS+U) and Hardware Maintenance services for Communication Manager.
PARTNER ACS systems support a wide variety of features including Caller ID (name and number), Distinctive Ringing, Send All Calls, Speed Dialing, and five-party conferencing, each helping employees to be more efficient and productive.
Cell Phone Connect via the T1 module enables customers to answer calls even if they are out of the office by simultaneously allowing calls to ring at their desk phone and to their cell phone. Enhanced accessibility is also achieved through the Remote Call Forwarding feature, which enables a call to be immediately directed to any external number.